2014 rmbp goes black

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Roadking714, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Roadking714 macrumors regular

I was watching a YouTube video and all of the sudden my rmbp goes black powers off and won't turn back on..any body else?? ... Since installing Sierra don't know if that caused the problem was fine before.. Please help

2. Tarek macrumors 6502

Try holding the power button for around 10 seconds then turn it back on. That has not happened with me before.

3. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

Trying that nothing is happening :(

4. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

5. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

Could it be the battery??.. Any one else have or had this problem

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

A completely dead laptop is almost impossible to diagnose online we have nothing to work with it could be any one of a number of things but is most likely a dead logic board.

7. Roadking714, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016

Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

Laptop is a year old never has heavy use out of it.. If it's the logic board that would suck :( everything was fine until I installed Sierra even installing it powered off and it never booted up like before

8. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Well if it's a software problem you can use another Mac to create a bootable USB drive with Sierra on it and try and boot from that.

If you have any sense at all you have a back up made In Time machine or using carbon copy cloner before you do any major update that you can try and boot or restore from.

As I said just saying my MacBook is unresponsive means nothing online. It could be hardware or software it could be major or minor it could be easy to fix or not, it's impossible to tell.

There were reports when updating to El Capitan last year that sometimes that final piece of install took hours not the minutes quoted and sometime later the machine would just boot up fine as if nothing had happened you can hope or take it into Apple and get them to take a look.

See here for last years thread describing a similar issue.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/el-capitan-has-completely-bricked-my-machine.1923814/

9. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

I do have a back up from El Capitan and this is my only mac computer.. Sierra ruined my computer.. Should of never updated the OS

10. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

I doubt Sierra ruined your computer, try and reboot from the back up.

11. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

I'll try but I'm getting no power

12. leman macrumors G3

Computer malfunctions are known to happen. Stuff breaks. Take it in for diagnostics. With some luck, you might still have warranty.

13. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm out of warranty 3 months ago have an appointment with Apple on Thursday