Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I'm looking at what's ahead for 2014, and my most hotly anticipated titles are all point and click adventures, with a few others mixed in. I'd imagine my top 10 of 2014 will be as follows:

1. Kentucky Route Zero
2. The Wolf Among Us
3. Broken Age
4. Armikrog (from the creators of The Neverhood)
5. The Walking Dead Season 2
6. The Banner Saga
7. The Floor is Jelly

I'll leave the last three open, as I'm sure some stuff will come along and surprise me. If Starbound and Rust go gold this year and live up to their promise, they could round out the bottom half. I don't have any AAA titles on my radar for this year, other than South Park: The Stick of Truth, which I'll only buy if Feral or Aspyr port it to Mac. I've already played at least part of everything on my list except Armikrog, and I'm fairly certain they'll all top my favorites of 2014. Long live the point and click!

carlili4190

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
Honestly. Starbound is my number one. It just keeps getting better and better. I've played rust and I'm honestly not a huge fan at all. There's something about it that just makes it feel cartoony and boring. That being said, I think dayz is 100% better even though it's windows only. I would recommend dayz over rust any day. Starbound has been my go to game in 2014 so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.