20140127 - U-Verse having 'nationwide problems'.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PinkyMacGodess, Jan 27, 2014.

1. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

This morning, I'm surfing the net like doing a set at Mavericks. Then, I can't get to Hotmail. Then I can't get weather, I can't get to java.com, I can't get to... No one can get to Yahoo mail, but some sites RIP they are so fast.

Anyone else having issues with U-Verse, or is this some kind of penance for downloading all those YouTube videos?

Thanks...

Tech support says 'It's a nationwide outage'. How can it be 'nationwide'? Smells funny...

2. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Funny I see this... Yep, same thing.

I can't access Facebook or Amazon, get other websites work just fine (this for example).

I rebooted my router and such but no luck.

We're not alone:
    http://downdetector.com/status/att/map

3. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Try a different DNS server...

If that doesn't help, then they have some routing issues...

4. PinkyMacGodess thread starter macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

It was good for a while, and now it's bad again...

Net Neutrality?

Hmm... If this is what it's going to be like, than I say we storm the court that decided that gem, and string them up with endless waits for things on the internets... They are, after all, apparently just tubes that delver money to the keepers...

5. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Should be storming the courts for a lot more than that. NSA/Banking/etc.

The overlords AKA: government AKA: mommy and daddy are laughing at all of us and saying "all your life are belong to us!"

Sheesh.

I HOPE the internet goes to hell, maybe it'll finally convince people to get out of the house and change something that actually means something.

Peace. ;)

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I actually had the same issue too, everything loading so slowly. But it was really windy, so I blamed it on that.

7. PinkyMacGodess thread starter macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

It could be. Our 'public infrastructure' is rotting to the core. Many cities haven't fixed or upgraded their water, sewer, or other systems EVER. It's gotten so bad that it's 'break fix', or nothing.

Bridges, roads, buildings, rail lines, power lines, gas lines, tunnels, airports, you name it. If it has anything to do with almost literally anything, it's probably rotting to the core.

Hell, my mom's power lines were BARE because the insulation had fallen off them, and the cable for her cable TV and internet was so rotten and sun damaged, it broke like a twig!

I hope, if nothing else, that this country serves as a warning to the others of what happens when you allow ideology and idiocy take hold and kill investment in anything but well paid rich people...

Sorry for the rant, but that struck a nerve.

The power lines were only replaced after they nearly burned her house down! That was when she lost power for nearly a week!

How much does AT&T's CEO/management team make per year...:mad::mad::mad::mad: