2015 13" MBP display uneven brightness

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snapdragonx, Jun 22, 2015.

1. snapdragonx macrumors regular

Hi all,

Firstly apologies if this has been covered - I couldn't see any existing threads at first glance.

I just sold my first gen 13" Retina MBP and upgraded to the latest model. The new one has noticeable dark areas in the bottom corners of the display. It's definitely inferior to the display on my last MBP.

Does anyone know if this would be a warranty issue or more of a "just put up with it" kind of deal?

Thanks in advance.

2. Yomiel macrumors newbie

If you bought it from the Apple store fewer than 14 days ago, they'll basically swap it no questions asked. I felt sort of foolish replacing mine for a relatively minor construction defect, but they brought out a replacement model before even inspecting it for themselves, so clearly they're pretty generous about these things. I'm somewhat disappointed by Apple's quality control, however, so if everything else is in good shape, you might want to just deal with it if it's a small issue.

3. snapdragonx thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that. I'll probably get used to it, I just think a laptop of this price should be pretty close to perfect (especially when my last one was).

Loving the new track pad tho..