2015 13" rMBP Clicking As Fan Slows Down

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Flow39, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Over the summer I picked up my rMBP for school in the fall. It has been working great, but probably in the last 2 months, every time I push this computer when gaming (Lego Star Wars, nothing too extreme) the fans obviously start blowing. The computer doesn't get excessively hot, but once the fans start slowing after exiting the game, there is a clicking noise that is very crisp and it happens roughly 2-3 times while the fans are slowing. It isn't the fans making the noise, but something inside that sounds like it is popping. Does anyone else have this problem? Should it be something I should be concerned about?

P.S. - My 90 day warranty expired today, fantastic.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Your 2015 rMBP would still have the remainder of the 1 year warranty. If the clicking is a repeatable issue, it should be easy to demonstrate at a Genius Bar.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Well like any cooling component they can make some sound as they contract much like the sounds you get in a car engine as it cools, that would be my guess but it could signal an issue and as the previous poster says better safe than sorry, all macs come with a 1 year warranty so take it into apple.

4. Flow39 thread starter macrumors 68000

Flow39

Alright, I think I will. Just a couple weeks ago I took it in because there was a springy noise right under the Caps Lock key when I pressed on the chassis. The Genius said she took off the back and moved some wires around and said that it wasn't making the noise, but then as soon as I got home it was doing it again.

This computer is giving me more issues than I have had with any Apple product ever. I haven't had to go to the Genius Bar one single time in 8 years of owning Apple products, and this computer will make me go twice within 2 weeks.

Thanks for the help, I'll take it in again.

5. Flow39 thread starter macrumors 68000

Flow39

Here's a video of the sound after the fans start slowing: