2015 13" rMBP freezes/hangs on shutdown.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by elowell1992, Oct 6, 2015.

1. elowell1992 macrumors newbie

I finally upgraded from my 2011 MacBook Pro to a 2015 13" rMBP. I've had my new one for about a month, and I noticed that it started to hang or freeze up as I shut it down. I had this issue on Yosemite, but when I upgraded to El Capitan, it went away...for a little while. It started happening again about two days ago. I've never had this issue on any other Mac, so I'm pretty sure it's not normal. I've only found one other thread with something like this, and they didn't find any solutions. I've reset SMC, PRAM, and nothing worked. The closest Apple Store is like 60 miles away, so I want to know if anyone thinks if it is some kind of defect, or if it is bad for the computer. Thanks.

Here is a video of my issue:

Also, on a totally unrelated matter, upgrading to El Capitan pretty much eliminated any UI lag that I was experiencing while scrolling through the web or switching apps.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

3. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

I also have that on my 2015 AMD Mbp, It seems to be normal I think.

4. TylC macrumors newbie

TylC

I got the same problem ? my friends have macbook too and their shutdown completely everytime ( blackscreen) while mine shutdown with hangs on blur background. docks hides half of it

5. elowell1992 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've had mine since September of last year, and as others have said, I wouldn't worry about it. Other than being a little strange, it hasn't been an issue. I know another person whose Mac does the same thing, and they don't have issues either. It didn't happen with my old 2011 MBP with an HDD, so I think it might be the PCIe SSD. That being said, if you are that concerned about it, you could call Apple if it is still under warranty. They've always been helpful with my issues.

6. TylC macrumors newbie

TylC

Thank you so much. Have you had any problems with the laptop since then ? I guess i just have OCD about the shutdown thing.

7. elowell1992 thread starter macrumors newbie

The only issue I've had recently had to do with Safari crashing or freezing when I had a bunch of tabs open. It doesn't do it on Chrome, so I know it is just a bug in Safari. It should be fixed when the next update comes out. Other than that, it has been running very well and seems to be as good as my last MBP.

8. TylC macrumors newbie

TylC

Mine has been running great. Shutdown thing is my only concerns with this macbook, other than that, it has been great. I think i will stop worry about it since i am not the only one.
    Thank you so much.

9. RevToTheRedline macrumors 6502a

RevToTheRedline

My mid 2015 15" also does that since day one, never thought anything of it. seems normal to me.

10. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65832

hamiltonDSi