Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bulldoze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Is a curved screen not the obvious way to improve the iMac this year? I am surprised there has not been more speculation about this.

Curved displays make little sense for a TV but absolutely perfect sense for something that you sit much closer to. A lot of the professionals I work with have 2 monitors on their desk and arrange them to gently wrap to their eyes so a naturally curved screen would be a much more immersive and seamless solution.

Any love for a 5k curved 32" iMac?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
While for many it would be cool and maybe a little useful a curved monitor adds a slight bit of distortion to the image (its curving it) so its not very useful for a lot of professionals.

Looks cool though.

lg-curved-monitor.jpg

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
No. Stupid gimmick.

It only makes sense if you have 3 large monitors but the vast majority of iMac users just use the built in display.

ljf5000

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2007
Yes

This is the exact computer I am hoping for. I would be very excited for a flat 32" 5k iMac, but curved would be even better. Sounds like we are in the minority unfortunately....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.