2015 mac book pro retina Java taking up 200% cpu

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Makendu, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Makendu macrumors member

What's up with java i don't remember this happening before this ****** runescape old school taking up like 100-200% cpu i don't remember this happening I'm so confused and i ran diagnostics that said my battery needed repaired already and i just got this a few months ago.

basically fans turning on with runescape old school opens and Skype

2. Makendu thread starter macrumors member

please posts your thoughts or what you think about the situation , thank you

3. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

4. Makendu thread starter macrumors member

https://gyazo.com/b9719218cab8467b6416b1ceb6d9404f thanks for replying soon as i open this it starts running hot and the fans are starting up this never happened before i will say i never used runescape till after the el captain updated till now not sure if thats effected it or what i just re installed it reset pram and all that

Whats the CPU time sapost time time thats app been up right? it saying what 1 hour ball i barley had it open 5mins

5. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Reboot in safe mode.
    If you need instructions, they're here.
    Post your activity monitor stats after you've done that.

6. Makendu thread starter macrumors member

whats the point in rebooting in safe mode I'm so confused do i have to do this overtime now

7. Makendu thread starter macrumors member

k did safe mode and it still goes 300% cpu and stuff there is something wrong this macbook like wtf i just bought it honestly. and when i did safe mode my screen started flashing and ****

8. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Ok. Definitely go get it check out. that is NOT normal.

9. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Whatever jagexappletvviewer is it is causing all your problems. Find a different solution to whatever that does.

10. TekGuy macrumors member

To my knowledge Java 6 is
    This ^

What ever jagexappletviewer is, that is what is causing the problem. I've never heard of it or can find anything that makes me understand what it is so cannot help on that front but that's what's causing the problem. All i could find was something to do with a game or something similar.