2015 MacBook or 2013 MacBook Pro....

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Chairman.Jobbie, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Chairman.Jobbie, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016

Chairman.Jobbie macrumors 6502

I brought a 2015 MacBook 1.2 512gb open box for £900 on complete impulse - seems in as new condition with only 4 battery cycles. I thought it was a 2016 model and they had priced it wrongly :rolleyes: ... anyway I can get a refund easily as brought from very reputable high street store.

I'm mainly an iPad user now and rarely use my MacBook Pro but I quite like the MacBook. The lightness and as a causal personal computer user I don't need to do anything intensive. It's been nice using a laptop with a keyboard.

I'm just wondering whether it's worth keeping and selling my MacBook Pro. And the MacBook 2015 comes with 3 years warranty so that's nice....

The UK price I paid reasonable or no? Anyway opinions appreciated. No big deal. I'll keep till weekend and decide which way to go.

Update - should be in buying advice forum?

2. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

I have no frame of reference for U.K. Pricing, but if you like it and will use it, don't look back. What will make it worthwhile, is your usage.

Even if it wasn't an impulse, you'd likely second guess the purchase.

3. supajam macrumors newbie

Yes that price is very good considering the equivalent 2016 model now costs £1550 from Apple. If you're happy with the condition then I would keep it.

4. Chairman.Jobbie, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016

Chairman.Jobbie thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. I returned the MacBook. The price was decent because of Apple's recent massive price increases but ultimately I just didnt need it.

I really like the form factor and lightness but my 2013 MacBook Pro is working perfectly and I can see it continue to perform well for a few more years yet (hopefully). As i said, most of the time I'm on my iPad Pro.

The next time I'm in the market for a laptop it will be a MacBook - or the equivalent at the time.