2015 MacBook Pro battery deteriorating faster than it should?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Prof., Nov 10, 2016.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Umm... I don't think this looks right. Should I take it to the Apple Store and have it looked at? I thought the MacBook Pro batteries are supposed to last 1,000 before they reach 80% health?

Attached Files:

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

It's up to 80% at 1,000 cycles. Your's is showing nearly 90% which could possibly be a little low for that cycle count. But to be honest it's completely within tolerance (And there's a lot of other factors that could throw that estimate out). You could try talking through it with Apple, but unless the device is severely crippled in the battery life, they likely won't be able to do much.

What makes you bring it up? Is the battery only lasting a few hours? I wouldn't get panicked by software estimates if that's just the case, their notoriously varied in accuracy.

3. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Well I turned it on at 8:45am at 100%, and it's now almost 9:30 and according to Coconut Battery, I'm at 84%

4. elf69 macrumors 68000

elf69

What apps or connections are you using?

My macbook 2009 unibody goes for ages, but bluetooth off and only on wifi.
    I use chrome and firefox mainly.

I know bluetooth can drain battery quickly if always searching.

5. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

The battery life is quoted as "Up to 10 hours wireless web", so I'd expect 8 or so hours working use. You've used about 15% in an hour, so like 7 or so hours. Which seems fine obviously depending on your use.