2015 MacBook Pro random shutdown

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snuffy51, Oct 10, 2015.

1. snuffy51 macrumors newbie

This has occurred a few times on both my wife's and my MBP 13". Purchased as refurbs a month ago. Computer shut down while charging and closed. It also shut down tonight while checking email. I will call Apple to check but was just curious to see if this was widespread. Thanks

2. TekGuy, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015

TekGuy macrumors member

I'd take it to an Apple Genius Bar as if it's shutting down like that It could possibly be over heating.

Have you tried the Apple Diagnostics? either way i'd get it taken in for full testing. If bought from Apple, refurbs come with a full 12 month warranty so you should have no problems in getting it sorted.

3. snuffy51 thread starter macrumors newbie

My Apple Store is a 100 mile trip but I think I will take both laptops in later in the week. They did come from Apple so I have plenty of warranty and will most likely get Applecare before the 12 month warranty expires. I have not run diagnostics yet. If it is overheating with just a browser and email running something is wrong. Thanks

4. evrard macrumors regular

evrard

I just posted the same thing, just saw this...

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

two MBPs with the same behavior ? Quite strange ... You are very unlucky to find two lemons at the same time.

6. snuffy51 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure yet if they are lemons but you are correct. It would be very strange indeed mama!

7. evrard macrumors regular

evrard

8. TekGuy macrumors member

Have a search about online for Apple Service Diagnostics and test the macbook pro yourself as you are 100+ from Apple store. You maybe lucky enough that it will stay on whilst you boot from ASD.