2015 macbook pro refurbs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FrancoRumors, May 3, 2015.

1. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

Are 2015 macbook Pros showing up on Apple refurb yet? I check occasionally but I never see any. If not how long until they show up.?

I want to buy a base model and then upgrade my self with 3rd part SSD (larger) and ram.

Thanks for any info.:apple::)

2. FrancoRumors thread starter macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

3. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

I think you might usually start to see '~6 months after release' _ perhaps since they want to clear out the old dusty ones before the new ones catch on.. :D

There are still 2012 MacBook Pro (Classics) and 2013 Retinas they are flogging, without any 'Fire-sale Discounts' even offered.. and to be honest, some are still great computers and deals accordingly!! :apple:

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

FYI, none of the retina MacBook Pros have upgradeable RAM, it's all soldered in. Also, the last few generations use a non standard SSD interface and as far as I know, there aren't any 3rd party replacements.

5. FrancoRumors thread starter macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

Noted - looks like I'll have to look for one with a factory ram upgrade.. As for the PCIe SSD - I would think/hope 3rd party drives will become available.

6. bobcan, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015

bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

The 'legit' PCIe drives show up on ebay fairly regularly, but still not exactly cheap, and someone like OWC will eventually get one out, I am sure..

7. yjchua95 macrumors 604

It's going to be two years since the first of the PCIes debuted in the Haswell MacBook Airs.

If they still haven't come up with something two years on, I don't think they will. My best guess is that since it was a proprietary Apple form factor, nobody else made upgrades for it lest they get sued by Apple.

8. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Yeah.. Time Does Fly indeed

Yeah.. Quite right indeed, time does fly and it IS time now after ~2yrs _ unless Apple keeps using these, or someone else starts, there may be NO options other than the OEM.. Expensive, but they surely do work well seemingly!!