2015 macbook pro retina 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by callawayno1, Jan 14, 2015.

1. callawayno1 macrumors member

will there soon be an new update for the 13" retina modell of the macbook pro with new processors and so ?

2. GameFreak348 macrumors regular

3. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

why do you suspect 6 months?

4. marlon bishop macrumors member

Most likely it will by late 15 when there will be new models coming out

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Because of Intel

While the 13 inch Broadwell Chips are already available, the ones for the 15 inch are not and they usually do them together, the notable exception to this is the first rMBP that came out as a 15 inch first.

The broadwell chips for the 15 inch are scheduled for next quarter so our best guess for rMBP refresh is juneish.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Because most of the Broadwell chipset variations that the MBP will use, won't be available until summer. I'm not sold the current set of broadwell that was released will go into the 13" rMBP. I could be wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

7. GameFreak348 macrumors regular

The HD 5300 is a big dissapointment. I know it wasnt even made to be a powerful iGPU but still, its just a bit better than a HD 4200. I honestly dont think the iGPUs will get really good, maybe 15% improvements

8. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

The mid 2014 refresh seems to hint they are switching to a summer refresh schedule for the rMBPs, which would be good timing to get Broadwell. There's also a chance it may happen in late Spring.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They've used the summer release schedule in the past. I think its really more dependent on when intel has the chipsets ready rather then picking a specific season to roll out new MBPs

10. crsh1976 macrumors 6502a

Broadwell-H won't be out until Q2, so anywhere between late Spring until late Summer for an update?

11. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

Your guess is as good as ours. It all comes down to when Broadwell-H is available in large enough quantities and without some official announcement from Intel we don't know exactly when that will be.

I personally hope during or around WWDC.