Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CYKBC

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2014
Chrome sucks on OS X. I noticed my m7 running markedly hotter viewing YouTube v safari. Chrome uninstalled.

ApolloBoy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2015
San Jose, CA
Chrome sucks on OS X. I noticed my m7 running markedly hotter viewing YouTube v safari. Chrome uninstalled.
That's odd, I've got Chrome open with nine tabs right now (including YouTube) and I'm not having any problems. And this is on the 1.1 GHz model from last year too...

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
Yeah, I have a base 2015 rMB and I just don't see the issues you guys see. I have a little lag in Photoshop on really heavy projects and on QuarkXpress, but if I had to use it primarily I could. I never see beach balls. I edit on FCP all the time with it and other than exporting, it's as fast as my mid-2012 rMBP. For its specs, the rMB is a beast. And it's so portable.

I've debated getting one maxed out as my next computer, but I'm not in a rush so I'm waiting on the new pros. The biggest thing I want is a bigger hard drive. A little more power would be nice too. I feel like the m7 would probably be plenty for me, but if I'm spending that kind of money, it's tough not to go with a pro.

AdventurousJosh

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2008
Had the same dilemma, went with the m7 macbook. absolutely agree, being able to hold this laptop up like a tablet or lay it down for a fantastic computing experience is second to none. The screen and speakers on this thing blows me away whenever i use it.
I wouldn't wait, get the m5 or m7. You have 14 days to return it, as well as an epic resell value for a 2016 apple computer. can turn around and get most of that back in a year ow two easy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.