2015 MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by nakedpenguin, Apr 16, 2018.

1. nakedpenguin macrumors newbie

nakedpenguin

I have a 2015 MBA and it's getting a little slower and older. Considering buy a Macbook.

OR

I could try to get another 2 years out of it. I don't do any heavy duty stuff on it. Mainly typing and managing files.

How wise would it be to buy a macbook a of now? Those current models ar already two years old correct?

Any suggestions?

2. ignatius345 macrumors 68000

If you're mostly typing and managing files, how big a problem is it really that it seems "a little slower and older"? I'm using a 2013 MBA much as you describe and I personally find it just fine.

But if you're determined to replace it, I'd try out those new MacBook keyboards first. A lot of people find them pretty terrible to type on. I bought and then got rid of the Retina MacBook because the keyboard was terrible, the battery life was pretty weak, I found the port situation a big pain, and the loss of the wonderful Magsafe connector irritated me even more than I'd anticipated.

3. Willo34 macrumors regular

Willo34

I would stick with it for now. Considering you don't do heavy stuff on it. Have you cleaned up your Mac to see if it quickens it up?