2015 MBP (new order) aluminum manufacturing defect or normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LeCroqueMitaine, Jan 8, 2017.

1. LeCroqueMitaine macrumors newbie

LeCroqueMitaine

It seems like my new 2015 MBP's crest (Apple logo) isn't flush with the aluminum case. Is yours the same? It's my first MacBook Pro and I want it to last me a while so I guess I'm a big OCD about it but I'm looking for your POV. Looks like the aluminum is twisted (hard to see on pics).

http://imgur.com/a/J7UeF

Thanks all and happy 2017!

2. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

3. t2nerb macrumors newbie

That does not look normal. My 2014 rMBP does not have that problem. Can you feel it?

4. LeCroqueMitaine thread starter macrumors newbie

LeCroqueMitaine

Yes its not flat or seamless...

5. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

I owned 8 Macbook\Pro's, they we're all the same. The logo is not flush with the case.
    It's not a problem.

6. idark77 macrumors 6502

idark77

My 2015 and 2013 are flat, I can see that your aluminum is a little twisted. You can run some tests to your screen ( pixel, bleed, tint uniformity) and if all is ok you can choose to keep (it if it doesn't bore you).

7. LeCroqueMitaine thread starter macrumors newbie

LeCroqueMitaine

The screen is pristine, it's amazing. After all I've been reading on this forum about 8 vs 16gb of ram, I may just change this one for a 8gb of ram and keep the money. Right now, this is a 16gb but I only do web surfing, office work (excel, word, etc), Spotify, Netflix, some light photoshop. I had a 8gb MBA before and never had a problem with it. Most people seem to think 8gb is plenty for my needs so I could grab an 8gb version instead and keep it for at least 3 years without a problem.

8. Boneheadxan macrumors regular

Boneheadxan

Yeah, that does not look normal. At those angles you took the pics from, the metal shouldn't look bent like that.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That does not look normal.

10. LeCroqueMitaine thread starter macrumors newbie

LeCroqueMitaine

Yeah I'm returning it... but on the Apple website, it seems I can't return the item for some reason. Is it still true that you can't return BTO models??