2015 rMBP 13 service/support question - see below

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ddany, Sep 23, 2016.

1. ddany macrumors member

Hello!

So my macbook made some strange noise 2 months ago (check video). I went to premium reseller (apple is not available in Hungary), and they replaced the display. They said, their software recognized error in the display. Okay, after that finally, the noise stopped.

Yesterday I heard it again...

Do you think I can make them replace my entire macbook? I think it is really annoying to take your macbook to service in every 2 months or so. I have apple care until 2018.

Question 2: If they replace the macbook and give me a brand new macbook, will my apple care last until 2018?

Thank you,
    Daniel

2. Tarek macrumors 6502

Yes, if they were unable to properly diagnose and fix the problem the first time around, then they should offer you a replacement. I'm not sure about the Apple Care policy but you should read up about it online.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't think you have a case to replace your laptop with a brand new one, after one repair. Contact them, and discuss how best to handle this latest issue.

No, Apple Care is tied to the machine, so you sell the machine (or get rid of it), the extended warranty will not transfer to a newer model.

4. ddany thread starter macrumors member

In this scenario, I am better off if they fix my current macbook and I still have warranty until 2018. At least I guess, if they give me a new one the 1 year warranty of that will expire in 2017. Since then I contacted Apple Phone support, and they told me the warranty would last until the end of my registrated Apple Care, who knows.

Thank you guys, I'm gonna drop it at the service provider on Monday.

5. mrex, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016

mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

Of course the warranty is extented to the new device if it is replaced under the warranty. And it starts from the original date of the purchase. If it was 1.1.2015, the replacement unit has a warranty until the applecare plan expires starting from that day.

Edit. And here is a link for that https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202712

6. ddany thread starter macrumors member

Thank you