2015 RMBP can no longer see WiFi? ...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cmeisenzahl, Oct 7, 2015.

1. cmeisenzahl macrumors 6502

Daughter called me from college yesterday. Her early 2015 Retina MBP (the first one with the force touch trackpad) all of a sudden can no longer connect to the WiFi networks. She took it to the school helpdesk. They're convinced the WiFi adapter is dead. We did buy AppleCare and she called them, they couldn't get it working over the phone and she has an Apple Store appointment for tomorrow.

[she has not upgraded to El Cap yet]

I'm confident they'll make it right but I just wonder, is this a common issue? Anything else worth trying?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

2. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Can speculate about it over the internet all day, but if it is all WIFI networks then I'd say either the hardware is dead or the software is somehow dead.

Don't believe it is a "common" issue for the hardware to fail, but that doesn't mean it is impossible.

3. cmeisenzahl thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. The fact that the AC people on the phone couldn't make it work has me pretty confident that it is indeed dead. There's very little 3rd party software on the box and she is not one to tweak settings. Apple Genius appointment set for tomorrow.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The WiFi on my 2015 13" rMBP stopped working one day, but I rebooted and it has worked fine ever since.

I don't think this is a common problem by any means.