2015 rMBP freezes after sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ikkysleepy, May 12, 2015.

1. ikkysleepy macrumors newbie

Apr 10, 2014
    I have a 2015 rMBP and it gave me trouble when I got it when it would go to sleep for say 15 minutes I couldn't login. I had to force shutdown. Sometimes I would be able to login but nothing would work, and I would get the beachball of death and needed to force shutdown.

I did a repair and fix permission and the problem went away.

I am now having the same problem again, but this time the repair and fix permissions are not doing anything.

I haven't dropped it or anything.

Anyone have this problem?
  2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Apr 23, 2011
    GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
    Reset the PRAM and SMC and see whether it fixes your problem or not.
  3. prestigetone macrumors newbie

Oct 8, 2011
    Yep...had this problem with the first machine and exchanged it. New one works like a charm. Nothing fixed it because it would keep doing it despite any reset or clean install I would do. Take it to Apple they should have these machines worked out by now.
  4. ikkysleepy thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 10, 2014
    I tried reset and it seems fine now but it happens again i'll take it to apple. Or do you think I should take it in anyways and have them test it?
  5. prestigetone macrumors newbie

Oct 8, 2011
    If it happens again have them replace the machine. There were lots of little things I noticed with the machine being buggy in general, but when I did those hard resets, reinstalled OSX, and it happened again thats a hardware issue and even Applecare said i should exchange it. No way a new product revision of a 3 year old lineup should do this.