2015 rmbp poweron time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dragon2611, Apr 22, 2015.

1. dragon2611 macrumors regular

Anyone else's 2015 rMBP take a long time to turn on?

Recently mines been taking a while to actually come on after hitting the power button.

Infact the first time it did it I thought it was dead, it's only because someone sitting opposite me stated the apple logo had lit up that I knew it was powering up at all.

What happens is I hit the power button then nothing for what feels like a long time (In reality it's probably less than 20seconds) then the screen finally powers on with the enter password screen (Filevault is enabled)

Once it's powered up and booting into OSX it works fine but that initial power on seems way to long.

2. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne

Your boot up time is right where I would expect it to be with FileVault enabled. FileVault is great for securing your data, and usually you won't notice it affecting performance but you will notice a longer bootup time. Usually 10-20 seconds longer than if you had FileVault disabled.

3. dragon2611 thread starter macrumors regular

The 2011 Air I had before was noticeably quicker.

Also it's not so much that it takes a while to boot (which btw happens after password entry) it's that it sits there after hitting the power button with absolutely no display output at all.

If you weren't looking a the back of it to see the apple logo light you wouldn't know it had actually turned on.