Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
I want to see Skylake latops. Wireless charging. Better battery life. That is what I want to see. And not this Apple Watch nonsense.

JunBringer

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2014
I'm really hoping they announce a 6+ inch m9 with a microSD slot. They had a big version of a previous One, so I'm hoping they do it again.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
I'll be looking for a SP4 or a new MBP. Depending on when both come out will help dictate my purchase decision.

sp4 seems like a slam dunk, but rumored size changes and broadwell cpu make me feel MS may screw this up

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Disappointed with S6 and M9. I wanted to get the M9 far down the road but initial impressions say camera is bad.

Now I'll be waiting for G4 and OnePlus Two (this one might be amazing is they improve specs keeping the same price).

scapegoat81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2012
Philly
Same as last year... A refreshed Apple TV. They're losing ground to Amazon & Google in this area so I have more hope this time around

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
After seeing the Galaxy S6 edge, I don't see any other company this year topping Samsung with that announcement. It makes the 2016 S7 edge even more anticipating if they bring back the features that were sacrificed this year. We learn more from our mistakes and failures. We will get a LG G4, Sony Xperia Z4, Apple iPhone 6s/6s+, new Moto X, and Nexus. Most will likely be just evolutionary upgrades like what the normal S6 and One M9 are. Not too different or unique from last year.

But how can you top the design and unique factor of the S6 edge? It seems like the prototype and sneak peek on what FUTURE phones might look like for the next 3-5 years! I can't think of any other phone except another Samsung flagship like the Note 5 edge (or Note Edge 2). But since the dual-edged display was announced on the S6 edge first, it still maintains its freshness edge. Plus, the S6 edge could be cheaper by then by the time the more expensive Notes are released.

LG, Sony, Motorola, and a few others better bring their "A" game because Samsung hit the ball out of the park recently. The rest have to now play catchup and THINK DIFFERENT to wow me.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Where the hell is the Zenfone 2, I ruled out the S6 and M9 for the cost and I'll stick with the ip6 Plus as the daily driver.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
In a lull, now considering the Nexus 6 and Zenfone 2. We'll see what I eventually will end up with.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
My wishlist got adjusted. Losing some interest in the Asus Zenfone 2 but the price is still a bargain for the specs.

#1 - Samsung Galaxy S6 edge - It just seems perfectly built to use for Material Design and gesture swipes. I prefer a black variant but an Iron Man theme is good enough for me! Throw in a little, hot rod red in there! I love Iron Man. Samsung won my heart this year after so many heartbreaking Galaxy S announcements.

#2 - Google Nexus 6 - Yeah, it was released last year but if I am not yearning for a curved screen, I want a bigger screen with a 2K display. Plus the latest Android as I finally want to experience Lollipop.

#3 - Asus Zenfone 2 - Value is a major factor and is why this one will never really drop out of the Top 3 for me.

#4 - Samsung Galaxy Note 5 edge - This probably will shoot up to #1 but it seems the S6 edge has the right size for a dual-curved screen.

#5 - Xiaomi Mi 5 or Meizu MX5 - Same reasons like Asus. Offer great specs for an affordable price.

Lost interest -

HTC One M9 - I actually was playing around with the M8 a few days ago at a store and I really didn't like the design of it compared to the M7. I thought I would like it in amber gold and nope. M9 looks worse to me without the chamfered chrome edges. I will miss the display, sound quality, and some of the Sense features but I don't see myself going back to HTC for awhile.

Still a mystery but not expecting much -

LG G4 & Sony Xperia Z4 - I see their leaked frames, but like HTC, they probably will recycle the previous designs with incremental features. Sony is not doing all that well either.

OnePlus Two - Still a maybe but OPO doesn't ship to my country anyway but Asus, Xiaomi, and Meizu all do now.

Motorola Moto X - Still a ?

The Samsung Galaxy S6 edge basically made phones from last year and still unreleased this year look old and archaic with their typical flat screen. Even with the omissions, Samsung made the biggest leap compared to the others. It was the biggest leap since we went from HTC One X to HTC One M7. Most others will likely rehash designs and update the SoC with a Snapdragon 810.

But I might wait it out and see if Samsung brings back the key features for S7 edge like HTC and LG did for 2014. They might also release a different variant of the S6 edge as early as this year. Remove the glass rear and lessen the camera hump with a thicker plastic/faux leather back. Information Stream and People Edge just looks so cool to me and imagine with Lollipop/Material Design and apps like All In One Gestures and Lazy Swipe? Having information scrolling on either side will likely be emulated by others in the future.

Samsung Galaxy S6 edge is the coolest-looking and most refreshing smartphone since the HTC One M7 from 2013.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.