2016 13" Macbook Pro (TB model) Login Display Glitch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by papa8706, Nov 29, 2016.

1. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

On a BTO model 16GB, when I shut down and go to log back in and enter my password maybe 50% of the time the screen will flicker black once for a half a second or sometimes (but rarer maybe 20% of the time) it was flash a quick burst of colors, often blue, yellow, and red on a black background etc usually in a circular pattern or a lightening like formation for just a split second (so short you'd have to be looking waiting for it)

I have had file vault disabled from the start.

I called Apple and they said they were unaware of any issues and he said he was unsure if it was hardware or software related but told me he thought software. He advised me to wait and see if a future update fixed it or bring it in if it worsened.

I haven't noticed anything whatsoever once I log in although my use is non intensive just as safari and videos. Has anyone else had this happen or care to share their thoughts?

2. LukeM97 macrumors newbie

LukeM97

Ive had exactly the same issues and say about 70% of the time flickering occurs (random locations) upon login I'm using the 2016 15" top spec edition and it's the same issue! It's a pain considering the amount spent and I hope it's software related

3. nherjeanlorraine macrumors newbie

nherjeanlorraine

Im using the 2015 15" and im having the same issue. When I click my username in the login section it is tooooo laggy. Then after I typed in my password, as you said there's a burst of colours. :'( Grrr, i dont know if this is ok or not. I just had mine on the 26th of Nov so its basically really new and I haven't done anything major yet just browsing the web.

4. eknkc macrumors newbie

It is related to FileVault and goes away when FV is disabled. I guess they could fix it in a software update.

5. papa8706 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm aware of filevaults glitch and this is different. I stated it had it disabled from the start setting it up stock and this glitch still persists. Very odd but it seems to be affecting a lot of computers both 13 and 15"

6. WhiteWhaleHolyGrail macrumors 6502a

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

I have FileVault enabled - no such glitch.