2016 15" Macbook Pro - Looking for dock for 3 2k monitors

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by unashamedgeek, Jan 27, 2017.

1. unashamedgeek macrumors regular

unashamedgeek

My current setup is a desktop PC connected to three 2K monitors. I'm connected to 2 using HDMI and 1 using DVI as those are the ports my video card has. I got a 2016 15" Macbook Pro and would like for it to replace my PC, but I want to keep my 3 monitor setup. I see docks coming out that will support 2 4K monitors, but I don't need 4K currently and would prefer to keep my 3 monitor setup.

If anyone has any experience getting a multi-monitor setup working on the new laptops, I'd love to hear about the setup. Thank you.

If you are on some other forums at other sites, you may have seen me post there as well. I haven't gotten responses, but this is the most active forum I know so I thought I'd give it a shot. Otherwise, I might be the only one that uses this setup which means I need to look to change it up then.

2. RockstarSR macrumors member

3. zarathu macrumors regular

zarathu

Sounds like you should check out the BIZON 2. Then you can put a screaming 9 teraflop video card in it and drive as many monitors as you want.

4. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

Check out Henge Docks, www.henge.com they offer a great horizontal dock.

5. unashamedgeek thread starter macrumors regular

unashamedgeek

Dang, that would do it, but might be a little more than I need. However, I'm going to keep reading up on it.

6. MrX8503 macrumors 68020

OP, you can get a thunderbolt 3 dock. http://www.caldigit.com/thunderbolt-3-dock/
    I've never used cal digit, but they have 2 options at reasonable prices.

The dock can power 2 monitors, but the 3rd monitor, you'll have to directly connect to your laptop.

Or get the Akitio Node for less than half the price. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...t3ia_aktu_thunderbolt3_external_pcie_box.html

I wouldn't support Bizon. They made their business from rebranding Akitio hardware.

7. zarathu macrumors regular

zarathu

I'm betting that they are crushed to the bone.