2016 15" Pro Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrcheezit, Dec 7, 2016.

1. mrcheezit macrumors member

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been brought up but I don't think it has.

I have a 2016 15" Pro that I got ~2ish weeks ago. It's been working great and I love the machine overall except for 1 issue -- whenever I have it 'sleeping' (just lid closed) for a long period of time (i.e., 2+ hours), it won't wake up from that sleep... the keys will be backlit, and sometimes the machine is a little bit warm, but the touch bar and the actual display just won't turn on when I open the lid. If I press the power button, nothing happens, and no matter how long I wait it stays like that. I have to hold down the power button to shut off the machine, which I can tell because the keys turn off, then power it back on. It takes very little time to start up this way, but still, it's a pain because it's starting up fresh and has to reload all my sites/apps/everything.

Is there a quick fix for this? I tried to turn off the 'hibernate' function but it seems to be already set to a very long amount of seconds, I checked off some energy saver settings, but it is STILL happening. It also happens both on battery and the power adapter. Should I take it back, or maybe wait for an update?

Thanks so much for any help!

2. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

3. mrcheezit thread starter macrumors member

Okay, so unfortunately, that didn't help at all. Any other ideas? Thanks!

4. mckrogh macrumors newbie

Crossposting from another thread. Let me know if this works.

5. mrcheezit thread starter macrumors member

I just changed the setting. I'll report back if it works -- but I kind of like the transparency, so.... not a great fix. Hopefully the next update will change something?

6. Jaekae macrumors 6502a

You can check in the console and system reports if you had any crash or error logs while it was asleep.
    I got that error but only one time and it said it was ALPIndex crash, dont know what that means though :D

7. idark77 macrumors 6502

idark77

1) Backup
    2) Make a clean install of Mac OS
    3) During first boot do not recovery data from your previous backup but start like a new Macbook
    4) Do not install any software
    5) Test if it works...

Good luck