2016 base macbook pro: accessories

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vishavg, Nov 3, 2016.

1. vishavg macrumors member

Hey everyone,

What're some important accessories for the 13' macbook pro base model? Please let me know the name and brand.

I'll get started:
    - dock hub
    - external monitor, don't know much about what is the best
    - eGPU, i've seen people mention this. Is this only for gaming and larger editing or would it be necessary to optimize the desktop setup.
    - keyboard and mouse

i'll be using it primarily as a student at uni and more as a desktop at home.

thanks

2. LS417 macrumors regular

I'd wait and let the dock mess flush out, lots of confusion out there.

Any special requirements for monitor? LG has a few nice options with TB3.

Don't forget backup drive. This little guy is really fast, matches the MacBook Pro, and comes with all the cables for new and older machines (thunderbolt 3, USB-C, and USB 3.0) https://www.glyphtech.com/product/atom-ssd

3. vishavg thread starter macrumors member

good call on waiting.

Just a good quality monitor, doesn't need to be 4K and I'm looking at spending around 200-400$. Obviously cheaper the better.

The backup drive looks impressive, a little on the expensive side, but ill keep it in mind.

4. LS417 macrumors regular

Do you care to use an adaptor with the display? I haven't seen any thunderbolt 3 displays at that price, how big do you need?

As far as the ssd, I saw it at the Photoplus event in NYC, they were handing out a coupon for 15% off, I think its still active: ATOMPHOTO15