2016 hopefuls!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

What game releases are you anticipating most next year?

I think I am only truly excited about Uncharted 4 and Hitman. (Possibly The Last Guardian, but I will believe that when I see it...) Also Mass Effect Andromeda, but that will likely be 2017.

Honorable mention would be Dark Souls 3. But this is solely based on my experience with Bloodborne, still haven't gotten around to playing Dark Souls 1 or 2.

2. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Star Fox Zero (one of the few I will buy at launch for retail)
    The Nintendo NX System

The rest on other platforms are usually a buy when they are available used under $20...

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I'm looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division. The graphics and game play looks sick, and it's in my city which is very well replicated from the previews I've seen so far. :D

Far Cry Primal. Enjoyed the last couple of Far Cry games, so this one should be good as well.

Same here. Makes me glad I didn't purchase the Wii U, cause I had my eye on it for awhile. I think they are officially announcing the NX early January.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

All I'm looking forward to is the new Zelda and The Last Guardian. I'm tempted by the FFVII remake but my wild excitement has been turned into cautious optimism with the episodic announcement.

5. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

Haha really eloquently put..

6. itsOver9000 macrumors 6502

itsOver9000

Just the new Zelda and Twilight Princess HD (once I know for sure it works with the gamepad).

And some day I'll get around to playing these:
    DOOM!! (4), Uncharted 4, and Dark Souls III.

7. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Nothing particular I'm excited about. Maybe the rumoured Pokemon Z game..
    I disagree. It's way too early for a new console release, it has been just slightly above 3 years. However, I think there will be an announcement for a 3DS successor this year, maybe early next year max. I calculated they release a new system around every 6-7 years, and that's about how old the 3DS is currently.

8. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Rumors are they are officially announcing this January. It could be released 2017.

9. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

You're referring about the rumoured console I assume? That's what I said, just that I think that the Wii U successor won't be released until 2019, 2018 at the earliest because the Wii U is way too young to be succeeded.

10. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Zelda U and an annuncement for a new 3D-HopefullyNotAnotherGalaxy-Mario game.

The Nintendo NX is not a WiiU or 3DS replacement, but a new hardware focus area for Nintendo. They've been very clear about this.

The New 3DS is only a year old, so don't hold your horses on new hardware..

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Sounds like a PR statement. Eithier to keep Wii U sales when announced, or save their butts if it's a dud. Who really knows? But the NX will certainly make the Wii U old news. So it certainly will be a replacement.

12. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Stockholdes would be raging if they lied like that. And Nintendo really needs to appease them at the moment.

13. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Well, the Nintendo DSi XL came out in mid-2010 (for the US). The 3DS was announced shortly after, and it was released in 2011 at around the same time of the year.

So, it's fully possible that there will be a new console announced this year, or next year (see, I'm already pretending that it's 2016 apparently).

14. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

As discussed here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/the-nintendo-nx-console-thread.1857702/

The news sites have Nintendo announcing it early 2016 (within the next couple of months) and release by end of 2016 (probably holidays) with the new Zelda as the launch title.

It will be a budget console just below the price of a Wii U but very powerful and integrated with their other systems.

15. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

I honestly don't see the point of this. Most times they tried this they failed (read, the Gameboy Micro, Wii Mini, 2DS, etc.).

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh yes Doom 4 and Twilight Princess HD are on my 2016 list!

I'd like Dark Souls 2 on the PS4, too. I've got it for PS3 but I never got around to playing it so I'd like a nice 1080p+60fps tidy up.

17. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

A BUDGET CONSOLE!!!! You mean I got excited for nothing? :eek: