2016 M3 MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Halfpastdead, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Halfpastdead macrumors newbie

My brother in law has offered to sell me his as new 2016 MacBook (m3 1.1ghz) machine as he never uses it. It’s in as new condition with 25 charge cycles on it. He is happy to let it go for $450 USD ($600 AUD).

I do a little Lightroom editing via the Creative Cloud and would like to start editing some video, but I’m far from a pro. I had my eye on a new MBP and was going to see what the next month or so bought as far as product updates, but obviously there would be a major cost difference.

Would I be stupid to turn down this offer? It seems like an amazing price - I could probably use it for 12 months and sell it for the same price? Am I missing anything here?

2. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 65816

Darmok N Jalad

I'd totally take him up on it and consider myself very fortunate to find that kind of deal. Apple products have great resale value. Just check the same product on eBay and you'll see how much more people pay for one.

3. Halfpastdead thread starter macrumors newbie

Good advice, thanks. Whilst it's probably not the machine I would have chosen if I was buying new, it seems it's too good an offer to turn down and will probably serve me well for the time being.

4. EugW macrumors 603

EugW

5. Precursor, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018

Precursor macrumors 6502a

Precursor

That's cheaper than iPad Pro! Definitely take it!

6. lukeyyyyy macrumors member

Does he have a second?

7. 827538 macrumors 65816

I have a 2016 m3 and it's honestly surprising how fast it is. I also have a desktop with a liquid cooled and OC'd 6700k and GTX 1080 so I understand what real power feels like and yet I'm very content with my ultra portable m3 Macbook. My only criticism is the awful Facetime camera.

8. EmlynDewar macrumors member

The m3 continues to surprise me, it's a perfect chip for an ultraportable office machine.