2016 MacBook m3 for 800 (Good Deal?)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ipodlover77, Sep 27, 2016.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Thread title. Came across a brand new, still sealed, 2016 model in gold (I'm not partial to it. Probably one of my least favorite colors) for 800. Do you guys think this is a very good deal or a meh deal. I had the 2015 macbook when it first came out and returned it as the entry price was a bit high for what I paid. Also, the redesigned MBP I'm assuming will be lighter but not as light as the macbook (although it will be a great deal faster).

2. solo118 macrumors 65816

3. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

considering most places discount it to about $1100... seems almost too good to be true. make sure it isn't (too good to be true). at that price, gold would look just fine... :cool:

4. toddzrx macrumors 6502a

toddzrx

Yes it's a good deal. Heck, if I were you I'd turn around and sell it for $1000.

5. doboy macrumors 68020

6. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Are you SURE that this is a "brand-new, still sealed" rMB? Maybe you didn't know that it's easy enough for people to put what looks like original factory plastic sealing on a box which has in fact been opened and where the product inside might not be brand-new at all.....

This price sounds just too good to be true. Run, don't walk, away from this!

7. Komiidian macrumors newbie

I thinkg that's a good deal - unless you're into heavy duty computing like editing vids, using music software or heavy photoshopping.

8. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

unlikely to be someone who is unloading it that cheap unless there's a bad reason...not new, stolen, who knows. I wouldn't do it.

9. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

James.K.Polk

QFE. Ask a lot of questions. I had a similar product on my local craigslist ... Googled the guy's number, and he was repeatedly excused of selling stolen products. I reported it to the police.