2016 Macbook Pro 15" hinges

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chparigi, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Chparigi macrumors regular

I have had my MacBook Pro 15" with touchbar for a bit over two weeks now, and I've noticed, that when screen has been closed during some time, it has a tendency to be a bit hard to open at first, and it makes a popping sound from the hinges, which then doesn't reproduce itself the next times I do it. So it has to be closed for a period of time before it happens, and more importantly, it has to be cold - it only appears if the computer has been closed, and not been running.

I've had issues with the hinges on the previous generation of Macbook Pro's, so I really do want to avoid any issues. What do you reckon? Is this simply just because it goes cold, or is this some kind of issue?

2. Hrapz macrumors newbie

Hrapz

YES YES this is exactly what mine does. I ordered a replacement. I urge you to do the same!

3. Chparigi thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your answer!

The main reason why i didn't call apple imidiately, was because i was not quite sure wether they would give me a replacement, due to the fact that it is 16 days ago since i received it. First i talked to the danish support, who wanted me to an Apple Service Provider, so that they could look at it. I declined this, due to the fact that they propably at this point of time, wouldn't be able to repair it. I was transferred to their After-sales department, where i was assured that a replacement was possible. They even offered me an advanced replacement, so that i could keep it untill the new unit arrives!

4. Hrapz macrumors newbie

Hrapz

that is what they exactly did for me :), I'm using this one as a loaner until the new one arrives and then I will ship this damaged one back.

5. maka344 macrumors 65816

maka344

My previous (faulty screen) tMPB made that noise. It was identical, couldn't reproduce however, after not being used for a few hours, it would then do it again. My replacement doesn't.

6. raduene macrumors newbie

raduene

7. WhiteWhaleHolyGrail macrumors 6502a

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

8. hdthu macrumors member

all the displayed Macbook pro 2015 have the problem in the local store