2016 Macbook Pro Adapters General

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by karpovpw, Dec 16, 2016.

1. karpovpw macrumors newbie

Hello guys.

So, recently I bought a new machine and faced with a dongle problem personally.

I don't really need some Thunderbolt 3 dock for $300, all I need is 2-3 USB-A and DisplayPort (preferably, but HDMI should work fine too) for an old Dell. Sometime in future I am considering buying USB-C monitor and maybe a good dock, but for now I just need this set of ports.

I don't really want to pay $49 for an Apple adapter which include only 1 USB-A port. But I don't want to order some cheap no-name adapter that can ruin my machine or accessories too.

Is there some good price/quality adapter that can suit me with that kind of needs.

Also, I thought that it could be cool to have a thread with cables/adapters/docks discussion, so here it is, ask your questions here too.

2. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

For 49$ you're getting the Apple adapter with USB-C, USB-A and HDMI. Now you'll just have to buy a simple USB-A multi port dock and you're set.

Other option is the Apple USB-A adapter for 9$ and a USB-C to DisplayPort cable which could run you another 30-50$.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Your needs are simple enough. There are a few hubs that came out for the Macbook 12 that have multi USB a and hdmi for $35-40. There on amazon