2016 MacBook Pro in Silver?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ash9414, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

I was wondering if anyone has come across any images or videos of the new MacBook Pro in the Silver colour? And maybe a comparison between that and the Space Grey model? I'm looking at ordering one of these new machines but can't decide which colour to go for, and my local Apple Store only had the Space Grey models on display.

Thanks.

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

Check out the Silver/Space Grey MacBooks, pretty much going to be the same colours.

If you're in no rush to order just wait till you can go into a store and pick one up.

3. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I personally like the silver although I have only seen space gray. Both are nice though.

4. Ash9414 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I was planning on waiting until the Touch Bar models were put on display anyway. Does anyone know if the Apple logo on the Silver model is white or chrome/silver?

5. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

Looks pretty silver to me.

Attached Files:

6. kungxpao macrumors regular

kungxpao

He shows both colors but the video mainly focus on the Silver.

7. Ash9414 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. Now people are starting to receive their orders, hopefully more videos will appear showing the Silver models. Although most people seem to be opting for the Space Grey so far!

8. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I had a silver but traded it in for space gray.

9. Ash9414 thread starter macrumors 6502

For what reason, if you don't mind me asking?

10. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

The space gray looks better and I beefed up the specs.

11. laff macrumors newbie

I have the Space Grey 13" with Touch bar. It looks great...one thing, it takes a little while to get use to the darker color around the keys after spending numerous years with silver on my past MacBook Pro's.

Just something to think about as it is easier to see the keys with the silver. Nothing wrong with space grey...just something I noticed in my first 48 hours with it.

12. damonbus macrumors member

damonbus

13. Awjvail macrumors 6502

Silver is the exact same shade of silver that every MacBook Pro for the past decade has looked. If you've seen any silver Mac, you've seen the silver on the new MBP.

Space Gray is just a slight bit darker and it has a black Apple logo instead of a silver one.

14. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I could have gone either way. I went to the store with the intent to buy the classic silver but ended up with the Space Gray just to change it up. Since every one of my previous MacBooks have been silver since the first aluminum unibody MacBook came out way, way back, I chose to switch it this time. But I would have been satisfied either way.

15. skids929 macrumors 6502a

skids929

I got two MBPs, one 15 and one 13 in each color...I was convinced I would get the space grey but I like the silver better. It's more blingy (apple logo is shinier) and shinier and shows the keys off a little better. This is all my opinion, but I think the silver is different than the old silver, seems lighter, and the Space grey made the laptop look more dismal to me. Or maybe the right way to look at it is the Space Grey looks sporty and the silver looks classy.