2016 Macbook Pro keys getting stuck

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acetinick, Feb 3, 2017.

1. acetinick macrumors newbie

Hi,

Some keys with my Macbook Pro keyboard have started to get stuck and harder to press than normal. For example my Enter key if pressed on the far edge it would sometimes not get that satisfying click feel and not register. It is not just Enter key either, other random keys would be same, and it would somehow fix itself after playing around with them for a while.

I was wondering if anyone experiences this similar problem? I don't feel that getting a whole new replacement Macbook Pro is an ideal solution.

Cheers,
    Andrew

2. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Yeah, I've read of others having the same issues. There are several threads here about keyboard noises, and comments about sticking show up in some of those and here and there.

Have you run your machine very hot? There a theory with a fair amount of support that it affects the keyboard.

3. p3ter185 macrumors newbie

My down arrow has to be pressed extremely hard. This happened about 3 days after getting this machine. It's my second MBpro TB. The first one kept crashing and they replaced it.

I was actually getting on the forum to see if anyone has see the screen glitches in this model. I'm thinking maybe the graphics card has something to do with it... Real bummer that the first runs seems to have so many problems. It's probably the ghost of Steve acting out because they took the backlit logo away.

4. Rankrotten macrumors 6502

Rankrotten

Yes my i key fails to register sometimes almost as if some debris or crumbs were jammed under it.

5. genomez macrumors member

My tab key has the same issue since around day 5

6. Finchly macrumors member

Finchly

This has been an issue for me on all Pro's I've owned so it's probably not down to that fancy butterfly mechanism. My usual tactic is get my nail in behind it to lift it slightly then snap it back into place. I'd love to know what causes it.

7. analog5 macrumors newbie

If you've had this problem with all of your macbook pro's, then why would you continue to buy them? I've owned an acer aspire for 12yrs now and I've only had the keys occasionally come un-clipped from the butterfly hinge. Think they would work out a simple issue like a reliable keyboard. My space bar is getting sticky and I've only had it maybe 2 months. 2016 MB pro 13" base model. I like the way the keyboard works but for this kind of money....my acer was a floor model I bought for 250.00, I've taken it apart and put it back together more times than I can remember and the keyboard has never had an issue. It's pretty sad. I may just get a refund if it gets worse and the replacement keyboard doesn't work out before the warranty is up. I really don't like windows, but win7 is ok, and as long as I can get a decent intel processor I can run mac OS. Get a lenovo think pad with 24hr battery life, and a rock solid build quality. Apple, egh this is so frustrating.

8. jschu22 macrumors regular

Not a single person has either taken the laptop in to Apple or done so and come back here and reported what happened? Such helpful people.