2016 Macbook pro NTB battery question

Jordan246

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
Hey guys i have a question for you my 2016 macbook pro while editing a video displayed the service battery alert i managed to get rid of it by rebooting the computer but i was wondering why it even showed up in the first place. BTW the battery only has 256 cycles on it. should i be concerned in any way. if you guys could please write back. i would appreciate it. Thanks

jerryk

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hey guys i have a question for you my 2016 macbook pro while editing a video displayed the service battery alert i managed to get rid of it by rebooting the computer but i was wondering why it even showed up in the first place. BTW the battery only has 256 cycles on it. should i be concerned in any way. if you guys could please write back. i would appreciate it. Thanks
You can wait and see if it comes back. But if it were my system I would take it in and have Apple look at it.

Batteries age and can fail regardless of the number of cycles. Are you seeing any case swelling or deformation, or have issues with the keyboard or trackpad? If so, these would indications that the batteries are swelling and need to be changed. This is which would likely be a top case (battery, keyboard, trackpad, and Al case where you hands rest) replacement. It is fixed price. https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.