2016 Macbook Pro Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fyun89, Nov 15, 2016.

1. fyun89 macrumors 6502

Hi, when I first bought my 2012 rMBP, it had infamous ghosting in the screen. They allowed most people to repair the problematic LG display with the Samsung one.

Is there any problem with the launch model? Do you notice something wrong? Please let us know!!!

2. blue rocket Suspended

blue rocket

wife just texted me that she got her 15", wifi doesn't work and there all all sorts of lines through the screen. shes not a happy camper.

3. fyun89 thread starter macrumors 6502

My 2012 rMBP had that screen problem until they exchanged the dGPU and heatsink (under warranty). I still see some glitch when It swtch between iGPU and dGPU...

I hope ur problem is not a wide problem and fixable..

Any more problems?

4. joewelch4 macrumors member

My battery says "replace now" and the computer shuts off randomly. Chat said they will replace it. I have an appointment later today to get it checked out.

5. joewelch4 macrumors member

It looks like all the problems I was having was due to enabling fire-vault. I turned it off and now my batter no longer says "replace now". Start up bugs seem to have gone away. Hopefully all the other little bugs I had are gone too.

6. speedbumpnv macrumors 6502

Mine wont be delivered until mid December. Does that count as a problem?

7. joewelch4 macrumors member

Nvm I lied. It's back to acting up again. Yippie.

8. Balaamsdonkey macrumors 6502

Did you mean "FileVault?"

9. joewelch4 macrumors member

Yeah, that

Just got back from the Apple Store. By time I got there the computer wouldn't even boot. Returned it for a 2.9/460/1tb since that was all they had with the 460 in stock. Was $600 more than my original, but they were kind enough to at least throw in a "student" discount. So I paid $270. Hopefully this one lasts more than 24 hours.

10. fyun89, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016

fyun89 thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting.. wasn't 460 made-to-order only?

But yeah.. reading the forum shows that A-LOT of people are having boot up and, especially, the GPU artifact issue..

I had this with my 2012 rMBP, which was first production wave model... Had to get (not easy. Although they performed volunteer recall, my MBP was not in the vin code list... I had to talk to higher tier supervisor of Applecare and convince) GPU heatsink replaced.. May be those who haven't purchased this should wait for several months?

11. Balaamsdonkey macrumors 6502

Awesome. Hope this one lasts you many years.

12. joewelch4 macrumors member

Yeah it is. Everything was upgraded on it. I think the stores carry some different configurations. It's not always the base models only. I'm surprised at how many they had. They said they had a few options. This was the only one is stock that was the same or better than the one I returned.