2016 MacBook Pro screen protector issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by romeoak, Dec 11, 2016.

1. romeoak macrumors newbie

I brought the laptop and got a glass screen protector on Amazon.(TopAce)

The screen protector product package didn't come with one those stick to remove bubbles, so during

installation I didn't put too much pressure on the screen. The issue is even without pressure after installation

the screen become messy, color shattered(really small degree but it is obvious).

So anyone experiencing the same issue? and any product recommendation? I also looking for soft firm

protector for outside of the product.

Thanks

2. aevan, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016

aevan macrumors 68020

aevan

If I understood you correctly, the screen works fine, it's just the screen protector that causes the colors to be "shattered"?

I had really good experiences with Photodon - they are a great choice for artists, for example. But make sure you choose the correct type. They have guides that help you choose. In my experience, matte protectors can cause more visual artifacts than clear ones.

https://www.photodon.com

However, my advice (and you don't have to take it) - is not to use a screen protector with your MBP. Just take care of the screen. In fact, some screen protectors can do more harm then good.

3. romeoak thread starter macrumors newbie

Right, the screen is fine just the protector is causing problems. Thanks for the reply and advice.