2016 Macbook Pro Touch Bar - Auto On Problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stocklen, Nov 30, 2016.

1. stocklen macrumors member

Hi All

I am finding that with my new MacBook Pro, it doesnt always boot up when i open the lid.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt....

I find that I have to resort to a long press of the power button to bring it to life.

Anyone else find this a problem? Or are you guys getting consistent 100% of the time boot-up when you open the lid?

Also, I have a dodgy 'D' key. barely travels at all and feels most out of place when typing. Both of these are small niggles but for a £1750 machine....

Any similar experiences?

2. stocklen thread starter macrumors member

.. thats a no then :)!?

I guess Ill have to call Apple.
    Im not normally nit-picky - but the D key is really annoying me now.

3. dof250 macrumors regular

Don't have these problems. But like you said, for a machine costing this much it has to be perfect! So take it back and let them fix the key.

4. stocklen thread starter macrumors member

Out of 'interest' - I got the MacBook replaced.

OK so I had a bit of a dud... but it surprised me how much better the replacement was in several areas I hadn't considered.

Firstly of course the Keyboard is OK and all the keys are fine (the point of the change).

Secondly, I had 'accepted' that the auto on sometimes didn't work. Nobody replied here to back up the problem so I guessed it was just me. Anyway the new one has a much 'firmer' feeling hinge and has auto started every time so far.

Thirdly, the power button (touch ID) on the old one was really loose and rattled. The new one its much firmer set and doesnt wobble or rattle.

So there you go I guess... keep an eye on your new MacBook as they can be poorly put together in rare circumstances!