2016 MacBook Pro - Trackpad Inconsistencies

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mufasa804, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Mufasa804 macrumors regular

Hello,

I just got the new 13" MacBook Pro (no touch Bar, 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports). On my laptops I always enable 3 finger drag. Ever since 10.11 they tucked that feature away under accessibility. I turned it on as usual and am finding that it does not always move the windows as intended. Does anyone else use this feature and having the same problem?

For example, three finger drag Safari left or right, I have three fingers on the trackpad but Safari does not move and when it does move it seems to be jumpy. Is this bad OS or bad hardware?

2. Hyloba macrumors 6502

3. Mufasa804 thread starter macrumors regular

4. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Wait, what? I use 3-finger drag all the time. :(

Hopefully Apple will resolve the bug... it's mega useful.

5. kwandrews macrumors 6502

This issue alone may cause me to return my MBP and stick with the 12" MBr until this is figured out and CONFIRMED to be fixed. I use this ALL of the time when I'm working. Argh.

6. hfmb macrumors newbie

hfmb

I'm having the exact same problem, a total pain in the ass, and also one-tap only works intermittently. Ive also found the photo app (when creating books) to be a nightmare with the trackpad.

7. brvhrt macrumors member

I'm guessing the palm rejection algorithm is more aggressive due to the unnecessarily large trackpad. It's reading 3 finger touch as a palm.

Get yourselves back in the game Apple FFS. We are going backwards with half this stuff now.

8. Mufasa804 thread starter macrumors regular

Heres to hoping they fix this via a firmware update soon!