2016 MacBook Pro Trackpad Too Large - Accidental Clicks?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by erure, Nov 7, 2016.

1. erure macrumors regular

I got the 13-inch MacBook Pro without touch bar and I noticed right away that I accidentally click on things all the time while typing because the trackpad is too large. It's because I have tap to click on, and I've always had it that way because I'm lazy and tapping is easier than clicking imo.

So right now the solution is to turn tap to click off or adjust how I type and try to keep my palms off the trackpad, and honestly, both options aren't that great. Anyone else have issues with the trackpad? I had the previous generation of 13-inch MBP and never had this issue, ever.

2. sinoka56 macrumors regular

they say palm rejection is still not "yet" good.

3. speedbumpnv macrumors 6502

I will not have my new MBP until mid December so I can't really say how it is after more use, but I didn't have any trouble with the one at the Apple Store I tried. I even deliberately trying pressing my palms into the track pad area as I was typing into Pages and it didn't seem to give me any issues with unintended clicks.

4. meboy macrumors regular

Happens on my RMB all the time.
    I knew it would be a big problem on the new pro's too. It's even bigger.

I really don't what apple was thinking.
    There is no reason for it to be that big.

5. Ma2k5 macrumors 65816

Ma2k5

Yep had same issue - and I saw it as a very big issue. On top of that, it doesn't feel comfortable under the palms as you seem to fee the ridge even more than before. Together with the unimpressive keyboard, it just seems so un-Apple.