2016 MacBook, weird vibration

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sunsetblow, Jul 8, 2017.

1. sunsetblow macrumors regular

sunsetblow

When I move my hand palm across the two parts to the left and right of the trackpad, I feel a weird vibration like a really low-level charge in my hand.

Weirdest yet it only happens when the laptop is on my lap. Not when I left it up, or when it's on a desk.

Anyone else experience this?

2. effineji macrumors newbie

effineji

I had this with my 2010 MacBook Pro. I think there was some kind of current leaking from it. I'm not feeling it on my MacBook though.

3. shansoft macrumors 6502

Because since 2016, Apple decided to cheap out and not to include the grounding cable, so the current pass through your palm as you touch the computer, which you feel the vibration.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You can resolve the issue by changing the duck head to the extension cable. That does carry earth.

5. shansoft macrumors 6502

2016 / 2017 doesn't come with it. It is sold separately.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Didn’t say it did but there available separately

7. gim macrumors 6502

gim

Almost EVERY European MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air user experiences this. The plugs that Apple sells here don't carry earth, and that's been the case for at least 4-5 years. I didn't have a MacBook before, so maybe even longer.
    Not sure about the extension cord though.

Besides, this really is a non-issue.

8. sunsetblow thread starter macrumors regular

sunsetblow

Oh wow. Thanks everyone.. very messed up. I am traveling at the moment with the shorter cable and in Asia so that explains why I'm experiencing it all of a sudden.