2016 MacPro TouchBar problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by olly21, Jan 13, 2017.

1. olly21 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I just would like to report that the touch bar, well is crap....or maybe is not working properly.
    it freezes, disappears or goes crazy....and it is happening quite a lot! everyday I can report at least one odd event....

is it normal? Do you have the some? ...I just would like to have some feeds back from you, to understand if they are just a bunch of bugs, or I have to ask for a new macbook pro!

thanks guys!
    olly

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

I think most of the time it's a software bug, the only app I see it disappear is when using Messenger. A simple reopening of the app sorts that, which is why I say software bug. Otherwise just a system restart seems to fix stuff. Make sure you keep your computer updated and monitor it.

Not sure what you mean by 'goes crazy' though, images?

3. olly21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, thanks. Yes I also got the feeling that is mostly software, when I restart the computer it works fine.

I can give you an example of going crazy:
    When I connect the Mac to a tv monitor (via HDMI), start a movie, for example, and close the lid...everything works great...but, 50% of the times, when I reopen the lid the touch bar is black, it seems off but when I touch it where it was suppose to be the "esc" button, it magically reappears....but only that button. I have to touch the right side to see reappearing the other icons too.

I agree they seem software issues, or better I hope. I hope Apple will solve them in the future, because otherwise I would like to have my money back, the Mac is too expensive for having so many bug issues.

Thanks anyway!

4. jackoatmon macrumors 6502a

jackoatmon

mine also has a million problems

the touch bar just kinda seems like a product in alpha-stage testing

it feels years away from being ready for market

5. olly21 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, I agree.
    From one side is reassuring to ear that lot of people have problems, from the other not so much. Anyway, let's hope Apple is going to fix it!

6. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

I think there's possibly an issue with sleep. The bar will need to sleep in order to preserve the life of the OLED strip, so my guess is there's an errant code somewhere to do with status that's getting a little confused. It'll get sorted soon hopefully.