2016 MBP 15 Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MyiBill, Dec 1, 2016.

1. MyiBill macrumors 6502

i have a fully loaded 2016 mbp 15, opened it before thanksgiving and worked fine, last night I charged it and went to use it for the 1st since I opened it and it kept freezing on the password screen and the keyboard wouldn't work, then I rebooted and the keyboard and trackpad didn't work, rebooted again and it brings me to a FileVault page that I haven't even heard of before and tells me my password is wrong when I know it's right, rebooted again and I changed the password through FileVault, it kept freezing again while trying to log in so I rebooted a few more times and finally got in to the desktop, went to open safari and the screen turns gray with the spinning beach ball and now it won't do anything. Going to bring it to Apple later but any ideas?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Sounds like GPU, which would be synonymous with other failures as of late. The 4GB model seems to have a few early hiccups.

3. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

I figured after reading about that, I'll bring it in later, just tried it again and after ending my password it shut itself off