2016 MBP - Apple's Almost Note 7

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by neteng101, Dec 4, 2016.

1. neteng101 macrumors 65816

The hits keep coming... graphics issues, poor battery life, failing keyboards, multiple apologies and admission that its overpriced and lacks useful ports (by Apple's own decision to drop prices on related accessories), etc.

And as I've stated many times before... if only they didn't make it so thin, a lot of these issues would likely be non-inssues. So they wanted to add the Touch Bar, they could have even kept the function keys, added the touch bar, and just have a slightly not as large touchpad (which in itself is ginormous).

The two words that describe this 2016 MBP - THIN and COMPROMISE!

The one thing it most certainly IS NOT - PRO!

Its certainly a strikingly beautiful looking laptop - but when you have to make so many sacrifices in the name of looks, you end up with an almost disaster. Terrible release, can't remember a MBP release that's been met with so many issues and criticisms. At least its not blowing up, but its one step away from being a Note 7 bad release.

2. spacebro macrumors 6502

It would have been such a hit if they just called them "macbooks" while refreshing the 2012 chassis and calling that the pro.

3. chabig macrumors 601

I'm very happy with my 13" machine. I don't care what its name is.

4. suleman_kh macrumors member

I feel like I am the only one loving the new Macbook Pro :)

5. monkeydax macrumors 6502

Such a clickbait title with no content. It is nothing compared to the Samsung Note 7 fiasco