2016 MBP - Graphics anomaly / bug?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by memory-minus, Feb 4, 2017.

1. memory-minus macrumors member

Hi all,

Just got my 2016 MBP; all is going well so far, with one minor issue. There seems to be a graphics anomaly in the shadow around the Spotlight search bar. It typically happens after wake from sleep (but not 100% of the time) but will immediately and consistently correct itself if you dismiss and recall the search bar.

[​IMG]

This is a 2.7 with Radeon 455 model, running 10.12.3. Has anyone seen this before? Is it an issue with the graphics chip or just a bug?

Thanks!

2. Jaekae macrumors 6502

I had the same since beginning on 2,7 , 460gpu version.. dont know what causing it and applesupport have no clue about anything else than saying reset smc and nvram.. so they didnt help

3. ntnskrds macrumors member

Yeah, I have the same issue. For me, it happens only once, the first time I bring up the spotlight search window after the machine starts up (not after waking from sleep). I never see it again until I turn the computer off and restart it. My machine is same configuration as yours (2.7, 455). Another interesting observation is that this seems to be an issue with the integrated GPU. If I disable 'Automatic graphics switching' in preferences I never experience it.
    It may be an issue with hardware or the drivers, I really do not know. It seems to me, however, that a software workaround is possible.

4. Olipop macrumors newbie

I just had the same thing ... weird. But not really an issue, it just appeared once

5. Jaekae macrumors 6502

I think its a bug in the graphic drivers for the intel card, but no way to be sure

6. SilverVito macrumors newbie

7. Calby macrumors 6502

Calby

You should report it to apple on there website under feedback.

8. djon41 macrumors regular

I get the same thing with spotlight. I also get it to a smaller extent with Messages.app and I've noticed it with YakYak as well. Those go away when I resize the window at all.

9. memory-minus thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the feedback all. I'll submit to Apple. So is the general consensus that this is a software bug and not an issue with the hardware itself?

10. SilverVito macrumors newbie

To me it is, and one of the many glitches I have encountered in the two months I have had this MacBook.
    They are more an annoyance than a concern...but it will be good when future updates remove these bugs