2016 MBP Java Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hussainh1, Dec 2, 2016.

1. hussainh1 macrumors regular

One of the programs I use for work relies on Java, unfortunately, now the program won't open saying that the Java App Launcher failed.

I contacted Apple, they said it's Java, I contacted Java, they said it's the software developer.

Software developer is looking in to it, but in the meantime, I can't open this program or do any work whatsoever since everything is performed within the software.

I've tried Java update to version 112, downgrading to 111, even downgrading to version 91 just in case. Nothing can make Java open the program.

I opened the package contents for the applications, and there is a file named JavaAppLauncher, but clearly it isn't functioning properly.

Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. npreq macrumors member

npreq

Did this work for you on an older mac with Sierra? However, the quick fix would be - if this whole app is written in Java, find the jar file within the app, and launch it manually. That JavaAppLauncher is most probably just a stub/wrapper

3. hussainh1 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, the app works on my 2015 rMBP. There are quite a bit of jar files, check out the screenshot.

Attached Files:

4. npreq macrumors member

npreq

Hmm, an lstree of somekind would be helpfull, most of these are libraries (like swing and guava), one of them is the main one. Do you know how to use the terminal?

5. hussainh1 thread starter macrumors regular

6. npreq macrumors member

npreq

Check your PMs

7. poorcody macrumors 6502

poorcody