2016 MBP keyboard cover

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ApplePersonFreak, Mar 9, 2017.

1. ApplePersonFreak macrumors 6502a

Do you guys use one for your new MBP? In a way I feel that it will make it a little tacky, but then again it'll protect the keys itself from getting dirty and smudges, etc. is that going too overboard? I am thinking about getting one and since I have some credits to use on moshi.com I figured I try it out.

2. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

If you are concern about dirty and smudges then buy one now. You will also clean MacBook screen as well because keyboard cover leave some smudges on the screen when closing lid. Or you can take keyboard cover out before closing lid.

3. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

My concern would be a keyboard cover damaging or scratching the screen coating over a period of extended usage, as oils and debris get forcefully rubbed into the display's delicate anti-reflective coatings. IIRC Apple recommends against using these due to a risk of damaging the screen itself.

4. ApplePersonFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh really? That is good to know.

5. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

Ive seen the same with and without a keyboard cover, typing on the keyboard and then using it closed while using an external display leaves oils and key markings as well..

the keys will wear over time due to the coating, generally using distilled water and a microfiber clothe is good practice, you can even get away with isopropyl wipes and a little distilled water and keeps them clean but they will shine over time unfortunately.

6. Macgyver1 macrumors member

Macgyver1

Just to add, can protect against inevitable small spills. Got a Moshi myself, fits like a glove, no complaints(Air 11).

Best

7. chabig macrumors 601