2016 MBP TB vs 2017 MBP nTB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by picxar, Jul 25, 2017.

?

Which model?

1. 2017 nTB

2. 2016 TB

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. picxar macrumors newbie

Hello,

i cant decide wether i should keep my 2016 MBP or go for the 2017 nTB Model. At the moment i had no issues whatsoever, the battery life is okay, not very good but okay. The Touchbar is not very useful in my opinion. Touch ID is a nice feature.

I dont have a comparison, so its hard to say which one is the better choice.

The 2016 Model has the better cooling, Touch ID and 2 more USB-C Ports. But i need an usb-c docking station anyway, so the fewer ports dont make much of a difference. I have read about an issue with the 2017 nTB which doesnt recognize external 4K screens. Can somebody confirm this issue?

If i use the back to school promotion the 2017 nTB model is 100-150€ cheaper than the 2016 TB model.

Maybe you have some advice, which makes it more easy to decide.

Thx
    picxar

2. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

Is getting better battery life extremely important? If so and this was me (in the same situation where the current machine otherwise meets all of my needs well), I could justify the upgrade on the basis of better functional performance to meet my usage needs. If battery life is not of critical importance, I could not justify the upgrade at all.

3. picxar thread starter macrumors newbie

I wasnt talking about an upgrade. Im still in my 14 days return window and im not sure whether i should keep the 2016 model or go with the newer one.