Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skids929

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
By way of background, I am coming from a white MB, which was a plastic housing. I've decided that the worst feature of the new MBP isn't ANY of what folks here on these forums are complaining about at all. The single worst feature is the metal chassis being ICE COLD on my naked legs when I sit on the Hopper with this little gem.. ;):):):apple:

I think I let out a little scream each time it happens. This is all Apples fault.

Exile714

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2015
Good lord, I thought I was alone!

If you're looking for a fix, maybe try running a game for five minutes (try Tomb Raider) to pre-heat the machine? That's what I do, gets it nice and toasty like jeans straight out of the dryer.

Reactions: skids929

Qwaf

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2010
No one is complaining about it because Apple have been making metal laptops one way or another for about 15 years :p

thesaint024

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2016
suspension waiting room
SMH and TMI. But I have experienced this with shorts on with a fresh boot up. I probably don't experience the chill as much as you guys that inexplicably like to take this beauty into the s**tter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.