Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
Has anyone here bought a 2016 Refurb since WWDC?

I'm curious if they might be shipping with fixes to the keyboards that the 2017 models got?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm curious if they might be shipping with fixes to the keyboards that the 2017 models got?
Since Apple hasn't really announced any "fixes", its really impossible to know for sure. They may have a fix in place and the 2017 keyboards are in better shape, or they may not. On a personal note, I've seen conflicting stories and anecdotal posts about the 2017 model. Some say its the same, some say its different.

Darkashnet

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
No problems on my 2017 so far after a week so far of heavy usage. I'm not sure of the refurb process or whether they'd go back and rectify this problems people are having with the old keyboards.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
Since Apple hasn't really announced any "fixes", its really impossible to know for sure. They may have a fix in place and the 2017 keyboards are in better shape, or they may not. On a personal note, I've seen conflicting stories and anecdotal posts about the 2017 model. Some say its the same, some say its different.

Yeah - I am just mainly thinking about how those keycaps changed (you saw that video of the underside)?

I wonder if we'll get lucky enough to have a refurb buyer check to see if that changed under there at all.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.