2016 tbMBP - Artifacts, only after waking from sleep?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by s4yunkim, Feb 24, 2017.

1. s4yunkim macrumors regular

I've noticed on my 2016 15" MBP with Touch Bar (2.9ghz, 16gb, AMD 460), that there are often tiny artifacts in the shadows of my windows. For example, the shadow under the spotlight search box (see attached picture).

This seems to happen only after right after waking from sleep, and if I close spotlight and reopen the search box, it's gone. I've seen it happen under a progress bar for copying a large file as well.

I've run Heaven benchmark on both integrated and discrete GPUs (60mins each), and they seem to run just fine, without artifacts or crashing, so I suspect it's more the macOS than anything. (Maybe the switching from integrated to discrete?)

Just curious if any one notices this on a regular basis.

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 4.27.05 PM.png

2. Sanpete macrumors 68020

That particular artifact has been pointed out here, yes. Odd, huh?

3. s4yunkim thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, I didn't know it had already been discussed. Do you happen to have a link for the thread? A simple search is not turning up anything.

4. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Sorry, I don't know which thread it's shown up in. Maybe someone else can recall.

5. john.simatos macrumors newbie

Seen the same thing happen to mine. Artifacts under a copy progress bar. Same thing basically just after waking from sleep.

Had it happen to me on my rx480s on my desktop in windows too. On my pc it was amd drivers.

6. Jaekae macrumors 6502a

Its artifact from intel drivers, i get it every time i restart computer with automatic graphic switching on, if i have it off so only AMD card is running i never see it