2016 Touchbar Macbook 15"- Screen repair cost? [Help!]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ryderrr, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Ryderrr macrumors newbie

I have an appointment at the Apple Store in a few days for a repair of my Macbook, I'm not sure how the damage happened- I assume I had something on the keyboard when I shut it- and came back to cracked glass and a screen with horizontal lines. The screen is ridiculously fragile.

How much about am I looking at paying to get it repaired?

Is there an alternative approach to get it repaired for as cheap as possible- possibly going elsewhere to get it repaired?

2. ZachHarley macrumors newbie

The replacement and labour costs for the display are $891.00 CAD in Canada.

3. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Check your household insurance you may be able to claim

4. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I'm sorry for your misfortune, but blaming the computer for your carelessness is pretty ridiculous. The screen is no more "fragile" than a laptop screen on any other machine. It takes quite a bit to actually break a laptop screen, so I find it hard to believe you don't actually know how it happened.

5. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

There is nothing like kicking a man whilst he's down :rolleyes: even if he/she was careless

What about some touch screen laptops are they not more resilient having additional coatings etc

6. Ryderrr thread starter macrumors newbie

More so fragile in terms of how I've been really careful with it- wiping the screen with a cleaning cloth after every use etc.

I have a cheap alternative plastic laptop that I sling around and has survived years. I guess I need to be extra careful with the screen in future.

7. Ryderrr thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's the damage...

Attached Files:

8. jerryk macrumors 68030

A plastic case is going absorb some shock. The metal case will not. Treat it like what it is, a high priced electronic device.

Don't put it in a back pack and throw it across the run room. My daughter did that to hers and I made her pay to get it fixed.